Do You Want to Beat the Heat This Summer??
In this post we will guide you to some of the best places in India to visit this Summer. So, get ready to Enjoy cool weather, explore scenic views, indulge in adventures activities with your friends, family or loved ones. Here are some of the best destinations to choose from:
Shimla “The Queen of Hill Stations” in foothills of Himachal Pradesh, is one of the favourite tourist destinations in Summer. This city was once the summer capital of British India, and now the capital city of Himachal Pradesh. Shimla is known for its Toy Train from Kalka to Shimla.
Things to do:
- Experience the Toy Train from Kalka to Shimla.
- River rafting at Tattapani.
- Hangout around the Mall Road to eat, shop and enjoy.
- Visit the beautiful Christ Church on the Ridge near the mall.
- Trek to Jakhu Hanuman Temple, located on top of a hill.
- Explore the British architecture of Vice regal Lodge.
- A visit to Kufri, Chailand Mashobra is Mesmerising.
- A day at Naldhera Golf Course is must.
- Get a family photo in the traditional attire for a fond memory.
How to reach
Chandigarh is one of the nearest City to arrive in the hill town. Frequent buses, cabs are available from major cities like Delhi, Chandigarh, Kalka etc. The nearest airport is in Chandigarh. Heli Taxis have also been operated from Chandigarh to Shimla, which offers 20 – 25 Mins Joy Ride.
One of the popular summer holiday destinations in India, Manali in Himachal Pradesh has the perfect combination of scenic beauty, adventure and everything you need for a memorable vacation. The picturesque town is surrounded by snow-capped mountain peaks and greenery nurtured by River Beas. Try out trekking, river rafting, paragliding, zorbing, etc. The highlight of your holiday is, enjoying snow at the Rohtang Pass.
Things to do in Manali:
- Sightseeing at Hadimba Temple, Van Vihar, Nyingmapa Gompa monastery, Club House, etc.
- Indulge in adventure sports at Solang Valley
- Visit Rohtang Pass for snow.
- Go river rafting in the River Beas.
- Visit to Kullu, Manikaran Gurudwara, Jogini Falls, Arjuna Gufa, Bhrigu Lake and Vashisht Hot-Water Springs.
- Picnic at the apple orchards.
- Camping and trekking.
How to reach
The Journey to Manali is a scenic beauty, therefore the best way to get to the hill town is on a bus, cab or your own private vehicle. The nearest airport is in Bhuntar, 50 km away. The nearest railway station is Chandigarh, 350 km away. Frequent Buses and cabs are available from New Delhi, Chandigarh & Amritsar.
Darjeeling in West Bengal in one of the popular summer holiday getaways in the North East. Presided by the majestic Kanchenjunga (8,586 meters above sea level) and surrounded by the emerald-green tea plantations, the hill town is perfect for a relaxing summer vacation. Learn about Tibetan roots at the monasteries. Indulge in delectable treats, shopping and more.
Things to do in Darjeeling:
- Ride the Toy Train to get to the hill town.
- Soak in the bliss at Batasia Loop and Gorkha War Memorial.
- Explore Tea Gardens at Happy Valley Tea Estate.
- Get Mesmerized by the majestic sunrise from Tiger Hill Point.
- Trek to the Peace Pagoda at Charlemont Hill.
- Explore the wildlife at Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park.
- Shopping at Chaurasta – The Mall Road.
How to reach
New Jalpaiguri is the nearest railway station and the closest airport is in Siliguri. One can reach Darjeeling by Cabs from New Jalpaiguri & Siliguri Railway Stations. Toy Train from New Jalpaiguri is different experience to take.
Sikkim’s capital city, Gangtok is one of the popular holiday destination in North East. People from all across the world visit the town to enjoy the natural beauty, pay homage at its beautiful monasteries and embark of treks and other adventure activities. Summer season, is a good time to visit as the weather is pleasant and remains at its best. Get ready to be refreshed by the charms of Sikkim this summer holiday.
Things to do in Gangtok:
- Visit the Nathu La Pass
- River Rafting in Teesta River
- Riding a yak at Tsomgo Lake
- Paragliding and rope-way cable-ride from Deorali
- Must Visit The Buddha Park
- Experience The Flower Show
- Visit the Rumtek monastery
How to reach
The closest airport is Bagdogra in Siliguri and the nearest railway station is New Jalpaiguri, West Bengal. Cabs making a 4-5 hours journey to Sikkim’s capital are available from New Jalpaiguri and Siliguri Railway Station.
Kalimpong is an east Indian hill town in the Himalayan foothills of West Bengal. Untouched and less frequently visited by people, but, it is perfect for those looking for a quiet summer getaway. Sitting on a ridge overlooking the Teesta River, presided by the lofty Mt. Kanchendzonga, the town is blessed with pleasant climate, magnificent views, and proximity to other tourist attractions. Visiting here ones is a must.
Things to do in Kalimpong:
- Trek to Deolo Hill.
- Visit to Pedong Monastery.
- Explore Dr. Graham’s Home.
- Pray at the Mangal Dham.
- Experience the Pine View Nursery
- Discover Tibetan roots in Tharpa Choling Monastery.
How to reach Kalimpong
Bagdogra is the closest airport from Kalimpong. New Jalpaiguri & Siliguri Railway station is the nearest rail connect. Cabs are available from both, offering frequent connectivity to the hill town.